Home - SoftLocker.net Client - SoftLocker ListBuilder - Tutorials - Support - Privacy - Affiliates
|Subject:||Integration: Direct Link Method (Easy)|
|Keywords:||regcode, registration code, multiple, quantity|
| || |
|Article:||Generating registration codes for your customers by sending them to a special URL is an easy and secure way to have registration codes delivered to your customers automatically after their purchase or registration. We call these encoded URLs "SoftLocker Links".|
Here is how it will work:
-The customers tries your demo
-They click your register button
-They visit your checkout page
-They pay successfully
-Your payment processor directs them to your SoftLocker Link
-They enter their email address and receive a registration code
-They are sent back to your homepage or your download page
Most payment processors provide a way to direct customers to a "Success URL" after a purchase. Just enter your SoftLocker Link as the Success URL and your registrations will be fully automated.
To create a SoftLocker Link for your locked product, do one of the following:
1) Log in to the SoftLocker Client and run the SoftLocker Wizard. Choose "Direct my customer to a special URL" as your registration method. The wizard will create a SoftLocker Link for you.
-or, if you don't want to use the Wizard-
2) Log in to the SoftLocker Client and click the Links button, followed by the Add button. Select the product that the link will register from the drop down list. Enter a descriptive name for the link. Click OK and your link will be created.
You can always find a list of your Links by visiting the Links section. You can export the list from the Export: CSV Links menu.
FAQ: What about security? Can't my users pass the link around to other users?
That is a possibility but it can be prevented by the following techniques:
1) Keep your link secret: do not distribute it to your customers. Instead, have your payment processor automatically send them to the URL after a successful purchase. Most payment processors call this a "Success URL".
2) For security, the important information encoded in the link will be removed from your customer's view instantly once they reach the registration page. This prevents copying of the link.
3) For added security you can use registration filters to block anyone who visits the link from websites that you do not authorize. You can limit registrations to people who are sent from your own website or your payment processor. For more information see the section on Registration Filters.
© 2009-2010 SoftLocker.net